Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy early 4th!

So its been 3 weeks in Leo and there are definitely ups and downs. Last week I was so upset because I didn't think I could communicate at all and like I wasn't learning French any better and then the next day was roses and sunshine. Last week I went to the pool-yes there is one and it was great! It was at the hotel and kinda expensive but wonderful! They had American food like cheeseburgers!!!!!! Church here is a little different and there are may different kinds of churches. I have visited the protestant one with my friend and her family but I couldn't understand more than a few words. It was cool to watch with all the tantis dancing and singing! Wednesday we find out our site placements-I have been asked if I could teach biology and math at a site (of course!) and on the 4th we have another lang test so that we can hopefully start learning local langs from our villages! Also a giant 4th of July bash we are throwing will be wonderful!The week after we have site visits and trainings in the capital and then only a few more weeks until swearing in! Shout out to my dad from Africa because it's his birthday today!!!! I love you daddy, you are the best dad ever! If anyone is trying to decide what to send in packages candy is always welcome! skittles, gummie bears, chocolate melts but is still great! Until next time...!

No comments:

Post a Comment