Monday, June 10, 2013

I made it!

So I made it to Africa and I love it here! IT is sooo very different from the States, but interesting! We have made it to Leo for training and I have been adopted by a family! They have a daughter who is 3 and a boy living in Leo with them for school, he is 17. I have my own room and its soooo hot at night usually! Lots of people sleep outside, although I have to wait until I get my bug hut. So far I have survived eating the food here, its not too bad either. We eat a lot of rice, couscous and tô, a firm but squishy white substance thing. There is only 1 cyber cafe in Leo and it costs about 350 CFA to get one for an hour, so Ill try to post as much as I can but no promises! Pictures will happen eventually, on a day when the internet is good lol. If you want my phone number inbox me on Facebook and download Rebtel app, cheap way to text. I am picking french up more everyday and learning 2 other languages-Moore and Nouni- not even closely related to French!We have class everyday from 8am-5pm and then nights free to do whatever. Yesterday I painted nails with my sisters here, they loved it!!!! We also draw pictures to help me learn french words. I get called Nasaera a lot- in Moore I think it means white person, especially as I ride by children call it out. Thats all for now I guess, kinda hurried so sorry if its random!

2 comments:

  1. congratulations - I really admire your spunk

    ReplyDelete
  2. How are you doing over there?

    ReplyDelete