Saturday, July 6, 2013

Site announcement!

Wednesday we got our site placement, I will be living in Dourtenga for the next 2 years. It is a village in the south easternish region of Burkina just north of Ouargaye above Togo. There are 2 people from my stage closeish by and a few other girls closer to me from other stages. Tomorrow we go to Ouaga to meet our counterparts from our villages who will work with us and then visit our sites for a few days. I know that electricity came to my site in January and I could be getting it in my house soon! That means a fan!!!!!!!!!!!!! I also have an indoor shower-still means a bucket bath, but better than being outside!!!! We got to have a 4th of July party-great food and dancing at a local restaurant! It was almost like a party in the states except for no fireworks. Took our lang test and now I start learning Moore and continuing French. Wend ne kond kibare! ahh I think that means see you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment